Sunday, November 13, 2011

Clash of the Titans 3: A review

This is an event that took place at Skully’s Dinner in Columbus, Ohio Wednesday, November 9th 2011. This was the 3rd event of its kind put together by Chief Execs Ent. I was a first time spectator at this showcase. I had never been to nor even heard of an experience like this. The premise of the event was to assemble a group of local producers-in-the-making and put them up against each other. The competition was judged by a combination of audience participation and a panel of experienced judges. The panel included “Bink”, who has produced for Jay-Z, Kanye and several other famous rappers. I’m guessing there were a few hundred folks at the event and they were all drawn in and hyped up by the competition, including myself and my girlfriend (Jazzmin). There were about a dozen individuals and groups moving their way through the brackets. I heard some very creative and interesting tracks that blew me away. I may not be a “hip-hop head” but I can appreciate a track that makes you want to move. I was thoroughly entertained and had a lot of fun at this event. This is definitely an event that will continue to gain popularity and influence in Ohio and maybe even nationally. I will not miss the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment